photo NathanAndJadeBlogB-02_zps90cf696c.png

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Exciting Praise!

I have the COOLEST news ever! Last Thursday Nathan prayed over me, sent me out the door and I drove 45 minutes away (the farthest I'd ever driven alone here) to a small village called Nakigalala. I blasted praise music, giddily prayed and felt Jesus speaking, "You were made for this. You were made to simply spend time loving people," over me. I snapped this photo of myself when I arrived to the village. I wanted to remember the first time I had ventured out this far away from home with just my Jesus.


Weeks before I met a woman who had 11 children (8 living with her), all of them extremely malnourished. I couldn't get her off my mind and knew I needed to see her again. I arrived to her home with overwhelming love in my heart, arms full of food and prayer on my lips. I had never witnessed poverty like what they were living in before. The pastor said he hadn't either. Nine of them sharing a full sized bed. Rain was pouring inside their home through unfinished roofing. Each child with bloated bellies and hollow eyes from malnutrition. 
Well listen to this! The pastor just called and shared the most beautiful news. Sunday at church the woman I visited testified about our time together. She called it 'the action gospel' because it was more than words. After she told of our time together, she rededicated her life to Christ and FOUR women came forward to accept Christ as their personal Savior. They want to know this Man of the 'action gospel.'
God is SO GOOD. We are shouting in praises over here! Friends, there is nothing greater that you can do today than to love others by simply spending time with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment